Many of us must attend meetings daily at our jobs. Most of the times it is a necessary and useful part of the day. 很多人的工作每天都要開會,大致上來說,開會既有其必要,也有所助益。
The dialogue in this article is an example of a typical business meeting. As you will see, a typical business meeting can be divided into five parts, each using specific language. We’ll examine this example business meeting dialogue and provide key language and phrases appropriate for typical business meetings. 文章裡頭的對話是一般商務會議的範例,待會你就會看到商務會議大都可以分成五個部分,各有各的專門用語,我們會好好地來看這則對話,順便學學商務會議會用到的關鍵詞語。
Opening the Meeting 會議開始
Welcoming and Introducing Participants 歡迎與會者,介紹他給在場的人認識
Chair: If we are all here, let’s get started. First of all, I’d like you to please join me in welcoming Jack Peterson, our Southwest Area Sales Vice President. 主席:既然大家都到了,那我們就開始吧,首先呢,我想請大家跟我來歡迎傑克·匹特森,他是我們西南區的銷售副總。
Jack: Thank you for having me, I’m looking forward to today’s meeting. 感謝各位邀請我來,我很期待今天這場會議。
Stating the Principal Objectives of a Meeting 陳述會議的主要目標
Giving Control to Another Participant 把場子交給另一位與會者
Chair: The main focus of today’s meeting is to discuss ways of improving sales in rural market areas. 今天這場會的重點是如何提升鄉村區的市場銷售量,大家來討論一下辦法。
First, let’s go over the report from the last meeting which was held on June 24th. 首先,我們來看一下上一場會議的報告,開會日期是六月二十四號。
Tom, over to you. 湯姆,換你發言了。
Introducing the Agenda 介紹議程
Moving Forward 繼續
Dialogue example: 對話範例
If you don’t mind, I’d like to skip item 1 and move on to item 2 – Sales improvement in rural market areas. 如果大家不介意的話,我想跳過第一項,直接討論第二項:提升鄉村區的市場銷售量。
Jack has kindly agreed to give us a report on this matter. Jack? 傑克人很好,替我們做了份報告。傑克?
Asking for Opinions 詢問意見
Giving Opinions 給意見
Agreeing with Other Opinions 附議
Disagreeing with Other Opinions 意見相左
I see what you’re saying, but don’t you think… 我懂你的意思,但你不覺得……
Dialogue example: 對話範例
Jack: Before I begin the report, I’d like to get some ideas from you all. 在我報告前,我想聽大家的想法。
How do you feel about rural sales in your sales districts? I suggest we go around the table first to get everyone’s input. 你們怎麼看自己銷售區的鄉村市場銷售量?我建議我們先來聽聽大家的意見。
John: In my opinion, we have been focusing too much on urban customers and their needs. 我覺得我們一直都過於偏重都會區客戶。
Alice: I’m afraid I can’t agree with you. 我不同意你的說法。
Asking for Repetition 請再說一遍
Asking for Clarification 請說明
Dialogue example:
Donald: Excuse me, I didn’t catch that. Could you repeat that, please? 抱歉,我沒聽懂,你可以再說一次嗎?
Alice: I just stated that we need to give our rural sales teams better customer information reporting. 我剛剛說我們需要給鄉村的銷售團隊良好的客戶資料匯報。
John: I don’t quite follow you. What exactly do you mean? 我不是很懂,你的意思是什麼?
Commenting on Other Opinions 評論他人的意見
Advising and Suggesting 給建議
Interrupting 打斷談話
Requesting Information and Verification 詢問和確認
Dialogue example: 對話範例
Jennifer: I must admit I never thought about rural sales that way before. I have to agree with Alice. 我得說我從沒用那角度想過鄉村銷售量這件事,就這點來說,我同意愛麗絲的看法。
Jack: Well, let me clarify my ideas with this PowerPoint presentation. 我用PPT簡報來跟各位說明一下我的想法。
(Jack presents his report). 傑克做簡報
Jack: (at the end of the report) As you can see, we are developing new methods to reach out to our rural customers. (尾聲)你們可以看到我們正發想新的法子,以跟我們的鄉村客戶打成一片。
John: I suggest we break up into groups and discuss the ideas we’ve seen presented. 我建議我們分成小組來討論大家提出來的想法。
Keeping the Meeting on Time 掌控會議的時間
Summarizing 總結
Finishing Up 結束
Dialogue example: 對話範例
Chair: Unfortunately, we’re running short of time. We’ll have to leave that to another time. 可惜時間不夠了,我們得下次討論。
Jack: Before we close, let me just summarize the main points: 散會前,我來總結一下重點:
First, rural customers need special help to feel more valued. 第一,鄉村的客戶需要特別的協助,這樣他們才會覺得受到重視。
Second, our sales teams need more accurate information on our customers. 第二,我們的銷售團隊需要精確的客戶資訊。
Third, a survey will be completed to collect data on spending habits in these areas. 第三,我們會進行調查,蒐集關於這幾區的消費習慣的資料。
And fourth, the results of this survey will be delivered to our sales teams.第四,調查結果會讓銷售團隊知道。
Chair: Alright. The next meeting will be on the 5th at 2pm. See you there. 好,下次開會時間是五號的下午兩點,到時見。
Vocabulary:
give the floor: 交出發言權
hand sth over把…交給
scope (n.): 範圍
up to a point: 在一定程度上
tend (v.): 往往會
Tên
Mã Quốc Gia
Số điện thoại di động